I’m in the process of transitioning over to Dreamhost. There are several reasons why:
- Damn! - They have a great deal for the bandwidth, space and scripting possibilities.
- Rudy on Rails - I’ve been eyeing it for some time, but if I don’t have a host that allows it, what’s the point?
- Attune to Customers Needs and Knowledge. - Now this is something unexpected. I originally signed up for the 1st 2 reasons. But as I was learning about how they do business I found they go to lengths to understand their customers expectations really well. Just look at these 2 options in their contact form they understand how to respond, when to respond, and maybe…just maybe they get the customer to chuckle:
Please select the type of this request:
- Just a casual question, comment, idea, suggestion.
- I need some help but it’s not super time-sensitive.
- I can’t get things done until I hear back from you, please reply asap.
- Things are broken and I’d like them not to be!
- OMG! EXTREME CRITICAL EMERGENCY!! EVERYTHING’S BROKEN! People are DYING!
Please select your general expertise in the area of this request:
- Please explain everything to me very carefully.
- I do know some stuff, but please don’t assume too much.
- Overall I know my stuff, but I’m a little shaky in this area.
- I have a good understanding of this stuff.
- Not to be rude, but I probably know more about this than you!