July 18, 2018
It's creepy seeing a gif that:
- It looks like you and
- Something someone might actually catching you doing
July 02, 2018
There are good lawyers & bad lawyers. But we still know they follow the law. The power is in the institutions and systems that make them.
Journalists should be the same. The more I think about this, the more I like it.
- Lawyers have a “bar” organization that oversee’s the overarching ethics of behaviour
- Judges are external arbiters. Should an editor be the same?
- There is an open system of archives.
- Lawyers need to pass additional standards
- Not being a lawyer doesn’t preclude you from participating, but you’re still not a “lawyer”
- Law firms are legally set up in a specific way and can’t be set up otherwise
- Lawyers buy into ownership/partnership, and therefore have several fiduciary duties to balance
Have any more points to add?
June 30, 2018
I’ve always thought about media. Sometimes, maybe my thoughts are behind the times. Other times, I’m wondering who else in this world is having similar thoughts.
Maybe it’s all because I recently finished Neil Postman’s Amusing Ourselves to Death. Maybe it’s because of the topsy turviness happening all around us. Maybe, I haven’t found, yet, the one person who’s looking at, and talking about, media in the same context.
Maybe if you know of someone you can let me know.
May 04, 2018
Life for me has changed forever, with the birth of my son, Beckett.
My friend Sean recommended I journal the experience to take everything in. I think I just might.
If I don’t post for a while, you now know why. Sleep deprivation, here we come.
March 30, 2018
I’ve been obsesed for the past 2 weeks hunting for a replacement of Digg Reader. Found it in Tiny Tiny RSS.
I feel so much better, now that I have my own feed of things to read daily. Under my own control, with my own choices. No AI deciding and filtering what I should be reading.