- I do not choose to be common.
- It is my right to be uncommon – if I can.
- I seek opportunity – not security.
- I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled, and dulled by having the state look after me.
- I want to take a calculated risk, to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed.
- I refuse to barter incentive for a dole.
- I prefer the challenges of life to guaranteed existence; the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.
- I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity of the handout.
- I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat.
- It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid, to think and act for myself, to enjoy the benefit of my creations and to face the world boldly and say:
- This, with God’s help, I have done.
- All this is what it means to be an Entrepreneur.
Official credo of the American Entrepreneurs Association