It’s nice that introverts are getting more attention.
In the recent slew was this one from the Huffington Post about signs of introverts. Here are the ones that most jumped out at me:
- You go to parties -– but not to meet people.
- Downtime doesn’t feel unproductive to you.
- Giving a talk in front of 500 people is less stressful than having to mingle with those people afterwards.
- When you get on the subway, you sit at the end of the bench — not in the middle.
- You’re in a relationship with an extrovert.
There are, of course, more that I connect with than others. And yes, one or two that I don’t think relate to me at all. Either way – sounds pretty damn close.
While “Introvert” may or may not be groundbreaking anymore, keep in my this was originally written about a year ago in an old defunct blog of mine.
I am blowing off the dust and giving this a new home.
Creative commons featured image courtesy of roberttellier